Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How It Works

I have had a lot of people ask how my embroidery machine works. So, I wanted to share a few pictures and describe how it works. I use a Baby Lock brand machine and here are a few things about it.

This is the screen on my embroidery machine. I create the design on my computer and then transfer it to my machine via USB flash drive. I make any adjustments that need to be made on the embroidery machine screen.


Then I place the item in the correct hoop. This is why the item must lay flat.



Next I press start and watch to make sure it is doing what it is suppose to do.

Then after it is done. I take it off the hoop and take the stabilizer off. Then I turn to the backside of the item and cut the excess thread from where the bobbin thread and color thread have been tied to hold the design. I have to make sure it is perfect!

These are the basic steps that I go through to embroider items. There are a lot of little things in between these steps like measuring the item in the hoop to make sure it is straight, placing the stabilizer where it needs to go, making sure the bobbin is full, making sure the placement is right and the tension is perfect. It is a really fun process! I love to take something plain and transform it to have personality!

My machine is also a sewing machine.
Do you have a sewing machine? What kind do you have? I would love to hear!!!


 ~ Katy


0 comments:

Post a Comment