Friday, January 21, 2011

It's the thought that counts!

When you look up the word "professional" you will not find my name! I love to try new things and dabble in a lot of things. I wish I could say that everything I make turns out perfectly but I just need to keep dreaming. It's always fun for me to make gifts for my friends and I want to share with you a couple of those gifts. Just keep in mind that my name is not "professional"!

The first gift I made was a bag for a baby named Anna! This is my friend Matia's first baby and we are so excited for her. The bag has six outside pockets which I love because I am an organized freak! I used an applique font to match the outside fabric. Matia was so excited because she has not received a bag yet or bought a diaper bag yet. I was pleased with how it turned out. Check it out...




 BACK


The next gift I made was a summer dress for my sweet friend Shelley and her new baby, Julia. I love making this dress! I have also made one of these dresses for my little girl, SaraKate. I just hope Julia can wear hers this summer! She is the cutest little red head you have ever seen!




The last gift for today is a little lovey-taggie blanket for another great friend, Amanda and her baby Noah. I made a full size blanket out of the same material for Amanda's sister's baby (without the ribbon) and thought it would be fun to use the same for Noah. I love seersucker fabric and use it as much as possible.  For the back of the lovey I used a real soft, ribbed minky type fabric. Noah is also a very cute little baby and I hope that he enjoys playing with his lovey!



All of these gifts are fun to make and possible for anyone who wants to learn. Remember to make your next gift personal regardless if your name appears under professional! It's the thought that counts!

~ Katy

3 comments:

Amanda T said...

Hey chickie - you are very talented! Each one of these gifts are super cute!

Dena B said...

That dress is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!! Do you make them to sell?

Katy said...

Thanks so much Dena! Yes, I do make them to sell. I will post more info tomorrow because I have had others inquire. I will give all the details of price and stuff. Thanks again. Check back tomorrow.

Post a Comment